Scholar Defined: A person who has done advanced study in a special field.
THE IEPPV SCHOLAR OF PHOTOGRAPHIC ARTS PROGRAM
Welcome to the IEPPV Scholar of Photographic Arts Program (SPA). The SPA program is specifically designed to encourage members to be well-rounded photographers and be involved in all that IEPPV has to offer.
Our goal is to define and shape the professional standards, ethics, and education of those desiring to be full or part-time professional photographers by providing an atmosphere of learning. We will provide this through educational and informational classes, in-the-field workshops, service to IEPPV, image competition, forums, and professional affiliations.
IEPPV will provide SPA participants with support, encouragement, and structure to accelerate their education in the business and art of photography. Upon completion of the program, IEPPV will honor participants will a certificate; however, the training, skills, and experience developed during the program are the true rewards.
Participation is free. An IEPPV Premium membership is the only prerequisite for this program.
Requirements for Completion
- IEPPV Classroom workshops and webinars – Attend 30 hours
- Excluding IEPPV general meetings
- IEPPV In-the-field workshops – Attend 20 hours
- Service hours to IEPPV – Volunteer 25 hours
- In an effort to earn service merits – Ask any board member how you can help.
- Assist another photographer – 10 hours
- Work together with another IEPPV member, or any photographer, on any photo project
- Participate in four image review classes and four IEPPV image competitions. Earn four image competition merits in any category (only two of which may be in the workshop category).
- Attend one IEPPV board meeting.
Click the links to review the following documents.
Subscribe to receive email alerts about meetings, classes/workshops, and other IEPPV news.