- This event has passed.
Irwindale Renaissance Pleasure Faire
April 6 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
This is a Level 1 event | Image courtesy of The Original Renaissance Pleasure Faire
Come join Rebecca Li and Christine McElhinney as we step back into a time of knights, wenches, and wizards. Meet the Queen and her royal court and feast on turkey legs and ale. Bring your cameras and capture the pageantry of the Queen’s court, sword fights, jousting, dancing, singing, mysterious creatures, and one-of-a-kind arts and crafts.
This is the opening day of the Faire. You will have the opportunity to photograph the most eager (read: craziest fanatics) cast members and fans alike. At this event you’ll be able to practice two types of photography:
- Portrait – Walking up to strangers and asking for permission, scouting locations, posing, and drawing out the character
- Photojournalism – Storytelling of the event as-is
You are most welcome to dress in costumes if you want the fullest experience!
What to bring
The lighter items, the better
- Whichever lenses you prefer for portraiture and street photography (e.g. 24-70mm, 85mm, or 70-200mm)
- Handy reflector
- Business cards
- Model releases
- The event is subject to change if extreme weather is expected.
- You are responsible for your own admission, transportation/parking, and lunch. Please read the official event FAQ for details.
What does a Level 1 event mean?
Each of our events lists a recommended level of experience (1-3). By categorizing our events using this method, we hope to better inform you of what you need to know and how to best prepare so that you can get the most out of your attendance.
A level 1 event means that the instruction provided will be focused on beginners and intermediates, so no previous knowledge or experience of the topic is expected.
Please Note: Anyone is welcome to attend any class level, however, the pace and content may not be at your current skill level. If this is the case, please expect to attend with the expectation to observe rather than engage. As with all of our educational events, we will always make every effort to accommodate all attendees regardless of their experience level.