What Are Service Awards?
The IEPPV Service Award is designed to recognize members for dedication to furthering the aims of the organization. The Award consists of the Service Medallion, which may be worn at all photographic functions, and the Service Award Certificate, which can be displayed prominently in studio or office. The Service Award is achieved by earning Service Merits for specific actions as detailed below, and is presented at the annual IEPPV Awards Banquet to any member(s) having completed the requirements for the Award in the preceding twelve months.
Click here for list of requirements
- A recipient of the Award must have been an IEPPV member in good standing at least three continuous years prior to receiving it.
- One hundred (100) Service Merits are required for the Award, earned as listed below in the Schedule of Merits.
- After receipt of the initial Award, each additional one hundred (100) Service Merits earned will entitle the member to receive a Service Bar to be worn with the Service Medallion and an additional Service Award Certificate to honor the continued dedication to IEPPV.
- IEPPV Service Merits will not be awarded for participation in PPC, PPA and other organization-sponsored activities, as those groups already have award programs in place to honor such dedication.
- Reporting Service Award Merits earned will be the responsibility of each individual IEPPV member, using the form below and available at www.ieppv.com. Reports are to be submitted quarterly, with the deadlines for submission being the third Wednesdays (regular scheduled IEPPV meeting dates) of February, May, August and November for the previous three month period ending the last day of January, April, July and October.
- Service Award Merit record-keeping will be the responsibility of the IEPPV Awards Chair, who will ensure the preparation of Medallions, Bars and Certificates to be presented at each year’s Awards Banquet.
Available Service Awards
The Vera and Elmer Kingham Service Award
IEPPV Service Merits are earned by participation in the affiliate’s activities – attending a meeting, assisting with a workshop, serving on the Board of Directors, and many more. At the end of each year, the member with the highest number of Service Merits will receive the Vera and Elmer Kingham Service Award and be awarded a scholarship to West Coast School Directors.
The IEPPV Service Award Medallion
This medallion is designed to recognize members for dedication to furthering the aims of the organization. The Award consists of the Service Medallion, which may be worn at all photographic functions, and the Service Award Certificate, which can be displayed prominently in studio or office. The Service Award is achieved by earning 100 Service Merits for specific actions as detailed above, and is presented at the annual IEPPV Awards Banquet to each member having completed the requirements for the Award in the preceding twelve months.
The Chuck Jones Memorial Service Award
The Chuck Jones Award seeks to recognize members who epitomize the ideals of the late Chuck Jones, who died in 2006 while serving as IEPPV President. One of Chuck’s highest goals for IEPPV was the advancement of professionalism among photographers through education, especially by encouraging experienced members to foster excellence among younger and less-experienced members by mentoring them.
The President’s Award for Exceptional Service
The President’s Award is presented at the annual IEPPV Awards Banquet when, in the judgment of the outgoing IEPPV President, a member has distinguished him- or herself through service to the organization that rises above and beyond the call of duty.
Ready to Get Involved?
IEPPV’s community of professionals and exciting calendar of learning opportunities await you.
Schedule of Service Merits
*Where the activity is an annual one, such as holding an IEPPV office or chairmanship, it must be sustained for a minimum of 6 months to be eligible for Service Merits.
Merits Earned Per Year
Monthly Program Speaker
Full Day Workshop Speaker
Half Day Workshop Speaker
Image Competition Judge/Moderator
Image Competition Assistant
Host of Studio Share/Special Event
Host of Board Meeting
*If hosted by one member and held at another’s location, each earns 1 merit
Full Day Special Event Coordinator
Half Day Special Event Coordinator
Special Event Assistance
Meeting or Event Attendance
Meeting or Event Attendance (up to 1 day)
Sponsoring A New Member
*If two members co-sponsor, each will earn 1 merit per new member
Merits Earned Per Event
1 Per half day
1 Up to ½ day
Published Newsletter Articles & Photographs
Front Page Photo(s)
Other Full Page Photo(s)
*Less than full page photos may be aggregated if, during a one-year period, they total a full page.
*Editor’s and President’s regular columns are not elgible
Merits Earned Per Item